USA EB-5 Visa Program
The EB-5 visa stands for Employment Based Visa, Preference 5 and was established by the U.S. government in 1990. It can be found in the Immigration & Nationality Act (INA), in v in Section 203 (b) (5). According to the EB-5, immigrants can enter USA to create a commercial enterprise or contribute to one through a substantial amount of investment that will create jobs for workers in U.S. and benefit the U.S. economy. It issues a Green Card and Permanent Residency to these investors and his or her spouse as well as anyone who is dependent on them under the age of 21.
Depending on the complexity of each case, getting a Green Card can take up to 18 months, while it can take 5 years to obtain the U.S. citizenship.
How much investment required?
An individual has to invest $1,000,000. Or they have to invest $500, 000 in a certain targeted area which has high unemployment or is a rural area. In return for this investment, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may provide conditional permanent residence to the investor.
Living Outside the United States
If you are living outside the US, you can use the consular processing to become permanent resident. Consular processing is USCIS working with the Department of State to issue a visa when one is available on an approved Form I-526, which is the Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
Living in the United States
If you live in the US you need to go through adjustment of status to become a conditional permanent resident. You have to get the Form I-526 approved and get a visa number after which, on Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, you can apply for conditional permanent residence.
Supporting documents for Form I-485
These are the documents/evidence that you have to submit with your application.
• For ages 14-79, Form G-325A, Biographic Information
• Government issued photo identification copy
• Birth certificate copy
• 2 passport style photographs.
• If applicable, copy of non-immigrant visa passport page.
• Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or, if applicable, parole stamp
• If applicable, Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record
• Copies of certified court records if you have been arrested
• Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, Form I-693,
• Application fees
• The approval notice for Form I-526 (Form I-797)
Benefits of U.S. citizenship through investment
• No requirement of minimum education
• No language skills requirement
• Business or management experience not required
• You can invest capital from that you have received in inheritance, as a gift or through any other lawful means
• Live, work and study wherever you want in the United States. You don’t have to live in the area of your investment. You can benefit from the low tuition
• Any children below the age of 21 who are dependent on you get citizenship as well.